Tuesday, February 1, 2011

First Mate Hoodie

Well I did manage to complete my first knit project of the year in January - just!  It is a First Mate Shirt for Mr A and it was a test knit for Elena.  So here it is...
There are lots of things I love about this pattern but I think the main one is the cables!  I have a bit of a thing about cables at the moment, especially for wee boys which is one of the reasons I was keen to have a go at this pattern.  I love that it has two different cable patterns, one down the front and the other down each side :-)
The construction of this jersey was new to me.  It is knit in the round and completely seamless but instead of the usual raglan design it has the set in sleeves which look really nice.  The only thing I'm a little disappointed about here is the fit.  I was hoping that by knitting a size 3T with 4T length Mr A would get this winter and possibly next out of it but in actual fact it is a perfect fit on him now, so he better not grow before winter ;-)
You have to excuse the rubbish modeled pics, it was boiling here and it took quite some amount of persuading (and bribery) just to get the jersey on so arranging any nice shots was out of the question.

So what's next on the needles?  Shhhhh it's a secret, can't tell just yet.

1 comment:

  1. I cant wait for the pattern to be released. It looks fantastic on your son too!

    ReplyDelete